Free Online Contests to enter in January 2021 (LIST)
Welcome back to our list of the top Canadian contests and giveaways to enter today! This page is updated daily and available with our free contest newsletter here!
We try to include all the top sweepstakes prizes here, including cash, cars, vacations, home, tech prizes and much more. If you have found a cool, new contest you want to share, post it on Facebook here and we’ll be happy to add it as well. Bloggers may suggest their contests here. Plus, scroll down and read more on navigating this contest list here and read
7 Tips for Staying Safe When Entering Online Sweepstakes
Good luck everyone!
Click on the links below to enter current contests from featured Bloggers and websites!
- Ongoing & daily FREE! – Earn points for PayPal cash & gift cards
- * featured option* > add your contest here
Daily Online Giveaways worth savings
Enter your favourite DAILY giveaways below!
- Win Driscolls Berries For A Year ($350 Visa Card) ends March 31, 2021
- Win Raclette Grill & Deli Meats Prize Pack, ends February 18th
- Win Monthly Prizes worth $1,000 / ends December 31, 2021
- Win $1000 Cash Prize – ends Jan 24th
- Win $5,000 Cash prize/ ends Mar 5th
- Win 1 of 4 $50 Shoppers Drug Mart gift cards/ends February 5,
- Win 4K Smart TV’s (4 Prizes) (Ontario or Alberta)/ Ends Feb 15, 2021
- Win trip for two people to attend the 2022 Super Bowl LVI event at SoFi Stadium in Ingelwood, California (USA).$11,000 /ends Feb 20th
- Win $5,000 Cash prize / ends Jan 28th
- Win $10,000 Cash prizes / ends Jan 19th
- Win $1,1 Million USD, $45,000.00 USD, vehicle or travel prize worth $45,000 / ends July 29th
- Win a GPS Apple Watch ($479) / ends Feb 02
- Win Super Bowl LV Tickets & NFL Prizes ends Feb 07
How this Online Contest list works:
If you are here for the first time, we like to explain how to get the most of our giveaways posted daily on Contestscoop.com and answer some of your FAQ’s below.
- Since most prize promotions are one time entries, your best bet to keep track of one-time entry contests is to read our daily newsletter.
- At the top of the page, you may find special featured giveaways, followed by the daily updated sweepstakes list.
- To keep things “fresh” we will swap this list every day with new offers.
- So please come back daily to our List of Online Contests and Giveaways, or
- consider joining our email list (newsletter).
7 Tips for Staying Safe When Entering Online Sweepstakes
Before you enter any online sweepstakes, make sure you read this! Learn seven tips for staying safe when entering sweepstakes online.
It’s all fun and games, especially if you win!
Online sweepstakes are everywhere and can be tempting to play. With amazing prizes like vacations, free products, and money, who wouldn’t want to enter? As fun as they may seem, however, there’s a right and wrong way to go about playing them.
If you’re interested in learning how to safely enter sweepstakes online then follow along for our tips on how!
1. Keep Your Money
The number one tip to remember is to never pay to play. Legitimate sweepstakes will have no cost associated with them whatsoever and will only require name and contact information.
These contests shouldn’t cost anything except the time it takes to enter. Remember, the goal is to earn money not spend any.
2. Do Your Research
If you come across an online sweepstakes entry that you’re interested in, make sure to take the time to research its validity. Smaller and lesser-known companies do run safe contests, but it’s a good idea to only enter sweepstakes run by reputable and familiar brands.
3. Separate Accounts
Entering sweepstakes is so much fun that it’s almost addicting! Once you start playing, it’s hard to resist trying your hand at more options. As a way to offset this habit, you’ll want to have a dedicated space for all your efforts.
It’s helpful to take some time to create a separate email account and social media accounts that are solely focused on all of your sweepstakes entries. This approach helps keep your new hobby separate from your personal and professional brand and can also protect your identity.
The added security will give you peace of mind while you play, and if anything were to happen to your sweepstakes accounts, your main accounts would remain safe. It’s a great way to not only protect yourself but to stay organized in the process.
4. Read Thoroughly
As with anything, rules and directions are important and are there for a reason. If you don’t read them, you run the risk of missing key information and ruining your chances before you even enter.
When you’re thinking about entering into a sweepstake, pay attention to all of the terms and conditions, especially the ones in the fine print. Are there any disclaimers listed at the bottom and dates to look out for? Make sure to review them carefully before making the decision to proceed.
Take your time and read everything and have a clear understanding of what you’re about to get into. If you feel uneasy about any contest, follow your gut and skip it! There are plenty of other safe options out there.
You may think that adopting the philosophy of “the more entries, the better,” will boost your chances of winning, but that’s not necessarily the case at all!
You should look at online sweepstakes as a game and strategize accordingly. It’s hard to win anything in life without a strategy, and these games are no different.
Try using a focused approach and only enter certain types of sweepstakes for a small number of brands. Just like how companies have niche audiences, you can create your own niche entry list. This will be especially helpful for those contests that include knowledge-based games related to companies or industries.
There’s no magic way to ensure you win, but strategy and luck can help your chances!
6. Be an Honest Player
When you’re playing to win, it’s always going to be tempting to cheat, but don’t do it! You may come across cheat codes online that could end up causing more harm than good. Not only do they have the potential to be dangerous, but they take the fun out of the game.
Always follow the directions that are outlined and enter honestly. If you don’t win, you can always play again. However, if you play dirty, you may never get another shot.
Most of the time, these online sweepstakes are run by third-party companies that compile a list of entries. If you do cheat, your information could get flagged and get you placed on a blacklist preventing you from participating in future games.
The trouble you’d go through trying to cheat free online sweepstakes simply isn’t worth the backlash, so have fun and play fair and square.
7. Secure Sites Only
Finally, you can protect yourself and your computer by entering sweepstakes on secure websites. Website security keeps hackers out and protects information shared by encrypting the data.
In addition to paying attention to the security of the site housing the sweepstake, it’s equally important to make sure you’re accessing these contests via secure networks, or else you’ll face the same dangers.
If a non-secure site wants you to enter your contact information, then it’s best to avoid it and find another contest to participate in. Non-secure sites come with a lot of risks, from identity theft to malicious attacks on computer hardware.
The easiest way to check web security is to pay attention to the search bar. If a website has ‘HTTPS’ before the URL, then it’s secure. If it only has ‘HTTP’, then run!
Stay Safe in Online Sweepstakes
Online sweepstakes are designed to be fun and harmless ways to gain new customers and build brand loyalty with existing ones. Safety is always a concern when it comes to contact information being shared over the internet. But with the right tools, you’ll always make informed decisions.
When you’re on top of your safety, you can keep playing to win!
Make sure to check out the rest of our blog for more articles with the latest information on all things contests!
More Helpful Articles and Links
Want even more prizes? The easiest way to find out about the newest contest is to subscribe to our newsletter here
- Q: How often are newsletters available?
- A: We will try to send out contest updates daily if there are a “good number” of great promotions to be shared.
- Q: Will I receive all kinds of spam emails after signing up for the newsletter?
- A: NO. We will never share your email address with any third party. You will ONLY receive our daily contest news and updates.